Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Christmas Time is Here


Monday was a day filled with cyber shopping for me and the hubby. We actually decided to plant ourselves in a quaint local coffee shop so we could focus on getting a huge chunk of our Christmas shopping completed.  I was so happy Redefined offers up yummy gluten free options like this pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting!  


Afterwards, we decided to run by and pick out a tree.  Nate was very pleased when we walked away with the first one we looked at.  It was nice to get both things marked off our "To Do" list. Even though the tree isn't decorated yet, it still looks pretty and smells so amazing sitting in the corner of our living room. 


In between family and work and and meals and laundry (whenever I can catch a minute) I'll pull something else out from the Christmas storage boxes. I'm actually down to three now and am quite pleased I've been able to whittle down the decor.  Little by little Christmas is starting to spill out all over the house.  It's feeling pretty magical. 


It doesn't take much to make a room feel festive.  It's small details like these that helps to put us all in the holiday spirit. Thankfully, I have a number of holly bushes in the backyard. Tucking in a few sprigs here and there really adds a nice touch. 


Sentimental things passed down to our family, like this sweet poinsettia plate that used to belong to Nana, sure bring back good memories of times spent together. I hope to be creating little visual images that my family will remember for years to come. Happy Holidays y'all.  P.S. See more Christmasy ideas on my Instagram feed ~ you can follow me here.  
XO ~ Dana

4 comments :

  1. And here I was hoping I'd see your tree decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The decorated tree will be up soon ~ stay tuned! :) Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the vintage Frosty bottle cap sign go up this year? I loved that! Your tree was absolutely perfectly shaped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie ~ Frosty did go up! This past Christmas he took up residence on our porch. And thank you ~ we were so pleased with our live tree we got from Home Depot this year. I'm sorry I'm wasn't able to leave a comment in the "Reply" section of your comment. I've been having technical difficulties. :) Have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...