Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wine Cork Dimmer Control



I'm up to my eyeballs in vintage wonderfulness this week at the Dallas Market Vintage FINDS show.  In lieu of a lengthier post, I'm sharing a photo of how I've remedied a little problem with a very simple solution.  I used a wine cork as a stand-in dimmer control button.  The stem on the dimmer control is ancient and I couldn't find a replacement button anywhere to fit.  Using a kitchen knife, I cut a wine cork down to the desired size and drilled a hole into the end of the cork.   I then simply pushed it onto the stem.  I've had more people comment on it when they come over ~ and several suggested I share it on Tattered Style.  I hope you find it helpful.  

Thanks for understanding about my time limitations this week.  I hope to be posting pics in a few days of the event.  I think you will like what you see.  Hoping you come back soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...