Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Before and After / Drop Cloth Magic


Today I'm sharing a quick "Before" and "After" project.  The French chair, shown above, was a bit formal for my liking and simply didn't fit in the relaxed environment of my home.  I was looking to update it a bit but I wanted an inexpensive alternative to pricey upholstery fabric.
 

Once again, my favored drop cloths came to the rescue.  I like the clean look the chair now has.  And since I pre-washed and dried the drop cloths before I reupholstered the chair ~ I can easily clean any spills off with soap and water.  **For another drop cloth redo ~ click here.  

On another note ~ I'm looking for a new rug for my sitting room ~ **note the one above.  I'm looking for something a little more contemporary, much less fussy and a lot more care free.  What do you think I should replace it with?  I'm off to prepare more items for Dallas Market ~ Vintage FINDS.  I hope you have a wonderful week!

4 comments :

  1. What about sisal for the 'rug?'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever considered a painted floor cloth? Back in the pre-carpet days, they were used to protect a home's floors, as well as add a bit of visual interest to a room. Since you're a fan of using drop cloths, you're one step ahead of the game! Design possibilities are endless...and they're super easy to clean, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm ~ now there's an interesting thought I will have to look into. Thank you so much for your input! Great idea!!!

      :) Dana

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...