Friday, February 3, 2012

One Year Anniversary + Signage


On February 2nd (one year ago) I put out my first post for Tattered Style.  I can't believe that was over 100 posts ago.  In my naivety, I had no idea how much time was involved with writing a blog.  I must admit, there were occasions when balancing family, work, etc. and blogging has been a real challenge.  Somehow, I've bumbled my way through and I've learned a lot along the way.  I appreciate your patience with me as I continue to pursue this venture.

As I peruse the many other blogs out there, I realize there is much room for growth.  In my attempt at blogging, I have enjoyed sharing my love for design and the Tattered Style ~ the art of living with the not so perfect.  I want to take a moment to say, "Thank you," for actually taking time to read Tattered Style.  I know there are countless other blogs out there and I'm honored you would take the time to read mine.  That's enough of me being sappy.  Today, I'm sharing my favorite thing I landed at the Dallas Market Vintage FINDS.



I snagged this one of a kind sign from The Seed Box Antiques.  Owners, Brian and Meloney Russell are so talented ~ no wonder, their space won Best Display at the show.  They have an amazing gift for pulling things together and stylizing the in the most magnificent way.  Be sure to check at their blog here.  Meloney told me she acquired the sign in San Antonio, Texas.  I believe it to be a directional sign for various family homeplaces out in the country.


The shades and tones of the sign are the perfect combination ~ subtle and sophisticated.  I love this new addition so much it now hangs in my guest room.


It's quite a statement piece for the room and definitely a keeper!

It's been so much fun getting to make new friends through Tattered Style this past year.  I would love to have your opinion regarding what you would like to see more or less of (as painful as it may be ~ so please be gentle).  You can drop me a line here.  Have a great Super Bowl weekend.  XO ~ Dana

6 comments :

  1. Happy Bloggaversary!!!!! Let's have some champagne to celebrate!!
    The sign look GREAT!
    Love u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! You come across so many interesting items and repurpose them in the greatest ways! My favorite post was about your magnetic wall. I plan on using that idea in my upstairs hallway and letting my kiddos (twin boys age 4 and a daughter age 2) use it as a place to display their artwork across the bottom half. Keep up the good work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah ~ I'm so glad you're enjoying Tattered Style. Regarding repurposing: I'm kind of weird like that...take me to a mall and everything is a blur...take me to a junk store or thrift store and my mind goes nuts! :) I love that you're going to use the magnetic board idea. We have so enjoyed it in our home. It's easy to plop photos, artwork, mementos, etc. on. I really appreciate your kind words.

      XO Dana

      Delete
  3. And I was there when it all started!!! So happy that we are hitting a milestone anniversary. Good for us! Love doing life with you, Dana Pugh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And congratulations to you too! Can you believe it's been a year? And here's to our next one...Love you Sharon!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...