Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Window Dilemma

Recently, I had a dilemma with a couple of my windows. They were nondescript windows that lacked architectural interest and character. I decided to enhance them with some vintage door headers. Although these lackluster, standard windows were not much to look at, with the addition of some souped up door headers, these ordinary windows became extraordinary. I ran across these headers at various flea markets for less than $10.00. After giving them a good scrub, I added some funky hooks and attached the headers above the windows.

Guest Room Window


I love the shape of this header. These hooks are new, but look old. I purchased them at the local hardware store and aged them by soaking them in vinegar overnight. I added enough hooks so that each tie would have it's own.


The end result ~ these curtains seem so ethereal to me.


Office Window


I found these vintage hooks to be so unusual and the real bonus feature ~ they only cost $1.00 each at Canton.


The beautiful vintage laundry bag with the crumpled satin ribbons was a gift from a friend of mine. She so graciously shared this with me primarily due to the dog named "Buster" that is hand embroidered on the bag (so special as our beloved "Buster" passed away about a year ago).


The hand embroidery is exquisite. Thank you Rachael. :)






6 comments :

  1. Another phenomenal tip for the Tattered Style! Love the Buster laundry bag! Can't wait to head to Canton now that I know what to look for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not many would think about aging hooks! You're so good! Love the window treatments! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the hooks on your guest bedroom window treatment. Gives me great inspiration. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! Happy to hear you are inspired Weathered Treasure! It's an easy and inexpensive treatment!

      Delete
  4. Hello darling ! I am brazilian and there's not the culture of taking things from the garbagge. People have a kind of prejudice about that. But I don't care ! I always find very precious things, beautiful and usefull. I liked your blog very much and intend to visit it always I can .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gislene ~ not everyone I know is fond of dumpster diving either. But that's okay by me. I've found some wonderful treasures that other people have thrown out. It's nice to meet a Brazilian with similar likes as me. Thanks for stopping by Tattered Style...do come back again.

      XO ~ Dana

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...